Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!




I hope everyone had a magical Halloween.


I was able to dress up as a witch and go trunk-or-treating with a dear friend and her children.


Just a little about trunk-or-treating...it is something that is practiced in Utah...Here the major religion is Mormon...and so the "ward" (which is how they put neighbors into a group so they can attend church together) will meet at the Church building and hand out the candy to all the children as they pass by.


I have attended such a gathering two yrs in a row now. First year I went as a shark, which has been my nick name since high school so that other students could remember my name. Thanks David!!



So last year I got as much exercise as walking miles to collect all the candy. Only because I was chasing the neighborhood children as the shark. At first I would scare them a little until they saw my face through the thin layer and then they would say with a sigh and a smile "oh, it's just You, Shar" and then as the picture shows above I would eat them. Big hit and so, yes, we were running and running all around.


This year I stood by the truck so that Janet could walk around with her children.
So only a few pieces of candy for me....for I didn't walk any off.


Janet has two little girls one 5 and 3. They both wanted me to dress up as something totally different. So I thought about it to some extent and decided to go as a witch with little Cort. She went as a witch last year because I kept finding all the perfect items for her costume. Last year she wasn't as excited. This year days before halloween she was riding with her mother and blurted out that she was going to be the witch for halloween and she was going to wear the hair and the broom and she went into great detail about her costume from the year before. LOL.
Once at Janet's house I find out that Sarah, the 5 yr old was trick-or-treating with her friend...so it would just be me and Cort. Perfect :) I love going with what I hear and feel.
Enjoy the magic of the Holidays


No comments: